Five World-famous studying techniques you can’t miss on
Be it skin care tips or studying methodology, Japanese culture has excelled a lot and is being adopted throughout the world. On the other hand, if we discuss the Italians, they are not just famous for their pizza but also for their effective study tips. brought famous methods to learn from all around the world. Building a library to create a one-stop solution for your highly constructive learning experience. Let’s get you kick-started to avail an amazing study affair.
- Pomodoro Technique: Time management acts as a primary dish in the platter of academics. This methodology involves using a timer to break work into intervals. The productivity of an individual increases with the onset of taking breaks. Each section in the traditional setting can be of 25 minutes but we can alter it according to our individual needs.
- Spaced Repetition: This method involves reviewing a particular material at regular intervals. When we initiate this technique, the gaps are placed closely, and later on the intermissions are relatively longer. An ideal practice of ‘spaced repetition’ allows you to store the information you learn in the long term instead of short-term memory. It is the opposite of cramming. This eliminates the scope of forgetting easily.
- Leitner System: Moving ahead with the spaced repetition technique, let’s get enlightened with the Leitner system. It is simply the implementation of the principle of spaced repetition, where cards or more precisely flashcards are reviewed at increasing intervals. This system is considered more practical, productive, and efficient than panicked cramming. In this method, flashcards are sorted into groups according to how well the learners know them in Leitner’s learning box.
- SQ3R Method: This is an acronym for the five steps reading comprehension process; namely:
- Survey- Start by researching or conducting a survey on the topic, you are about to It’s always beneficial to read and research the topic before actually starting to learn it. Taking notes in this process can help you in the future run.
- Question- Formulate questions about the topic and after going through a particular portion, ask yourselves questions to have a better understanding of your knowledge and the part you have grasped.
- Read-Begin reading the full content again and again. But be mindful of concentration, because the eyes on the books and mind on Instagram have helped no one yet. Be sure your mind, eyes, and concentration are all in one place when you sit to study.
- Recite-After going through everything you’ve learned, summarize in your own words what you have studied. Making personal notes can be the most effective way to do this. Collect your quality content and then recite it or repeat it out loud for better retrieval next time.
- Review- Once you’re done completing all the above steps, review the material. Quiz yourself and put effort into the portions that need more practice or improvement.
- Mind Mapping- This method is best for you if you are a visual learner. This technique allows you to visually organize information in a diagram. This process can also enhance your reading comprehension skills. It also develops an understanding of creating a bigger picture by communicating the hierarchy and relationships between concepts and ideas.
The above techniques bring out the most effective learning strategies. But, as we at Lambdacube believe that ‘one size can not fit all’ you may need a different approach altogether. Every individual student has their own individual set of learning styles and together let’s find out what may work out the best for your needs.